Requirements of Candidates
1) 18 years of age on or before Election Day;
2) Must reside in the Town for a minimum of three (3) consecutive months immediately preceding the date of submitting the nomination paper;
3) Must have lived in Saskatchewan for the last six (6) consecutive months immediately preceding the date of submitting the nomination paper; and
4) Must be a Canadian citizen at the time of submitting the nomination paper
Documents required for By-Election Nomination
1) FORM I – Nomination & Acceptance COUNCILLOR – A minimum of five (5) Town residents are required to sign the nomination form. Must provide Civic Address (not PO Box numbers). Town staff cannot be witnesses.
2) Public Disclosure Statement – Must accompany nomination form, otherwise nomination cannot be accepted.
3) Biography with Picture – As required by the Town’s Election Candidate Policy
Please check out our Election Candidate Informational Policy which outlines duties and responsibilities of Council members.