Apply for a $1000 Scholarship – Application Form
- The Town of Strasbourg is offering one (1) $1,000 scholarship to any Grade 12 student graduating from William Derby School in Strasbourg.
- The scholarship application will consist of an essay, financial plan, and high school transcript submission, as well as an interview with the Town Administrator and two members of the Town of Strasbourg Council.
- Scholarship will be awarded upon a copy of official tuition receipt from the post-secondary institution.
- Preference given to those attending a post-secondary institution in Saskatchewan within one (1) year of graduation.
- Preference will be given to those students who live in Strasbourg or the immediate surrounding area, but not a requirement.
- Submit a well-organized essay, including your contact information (e-mail, address, and phone number). The essay needs to discuss the following:
- Employment history, community and school volunteer work, extra-curricular and school activities. Please describe how your employment, volunteerism, and extra-curricular activities have benefited the Town of Strasbourg.
- Career aspirations and post-secondary plans. How has growing up in rural/small-town Saskatchewan impacted your decision to choose your career path?
- What have been the benefits to growing up in rural/small-town Saskatchewan? How would you make the Town of Strasbourg a better place to live and work?
- Demonstration of financial need.
- Submit a copy of your most recent high-school transcript.
- Submit a filled-in copy of the attached financial plan.
- Submit any reference letters you may have (optional).
- Attend a scheduled interview with the Town Administrator and two members of the Town of Strasbourg Council.
- Applications due May 2022
- Interviews to take place Friday before the May-long weekend. Applicants will be contacted by phone or e-mail to schedule an interview time, which will be held in the Town Office Council Chambers.
- Please submit application to:
Town of Strasbourg Scholarship Committee
c/o Jennifer Josephson, Administrator
Strasbourg, SK S0G 4V0
Or drop off at the Town Office at #1-200 Mountain Street
Please note: If no qualified applicant is found, the scholarship may not necessarily be awarded.
Past Scholarship Winners
2022 – Grace Edwards & Kimberly Thomas
2021 – Montana Holmes & Emily Hubick
2020 – Samantha Johnston
2019 – Lee Duffield & Jamie Brown
2018 – Alyson Edwards
2017 – Kianna Hack
2016 – Natashia Apangchan
2015 – Bailey Mytopher