Past Scholarship Winners
2017 – Kianna Hack
2016 – Natashia Apangchan
2015 – Bailey Mytopher
Apply for a $1000 Scholarship
- The Town of Strasbourg is now offering one (1) $1,000 scholarship to any Grade XII student graduating from William Derby School in Strasbourg.
- The scholarship application will consist of an essay and high school transcript submission, as well as an interview with the Town Administrator and two members of the Town of Strasbourg Council.
- Scholarship will be awarded upon a copy of official tuition receipt from the post-secondary institution.
- Must be attending a post-secondary institution in Saskatchewan within one (1) year of graduation.
- Preference will be given to those students who live in Strasbourg or the immediate surrounding area, but not a requirement.
- Submit a well-organized essay, including your contact information (e-mail, address, and phone number). The essay needs to discuss the following:
- Employment history, community and school volunteer work, extra-curricular and school activities. Please describe how your employment, volunteerism, and extra-curricular activities have benefited the Town of Strasbourg.
- Career aspirations and post-secondary plans. How has growing up in rural/small-town Saskatchewan impacted your decision to choose your career path?
- What have been the benefits to growing up in rural/small-town Saskatchewan? How would you make the Town of Strasbourg a better place to live and work?
- Submit a copy of your most recent high-school transcript.
- Attend a scheduled interview with the Town Administrator and two members of the Town of Strasbourg Council.
- Applications due by May 2017
- Interviews to take place during the week in May 2017. Applicants will be contacted by phone or e-mail to schedule an interview time, which will be held in the Town Office Council Chambers.
- Please submit application to:
Town of Strasbourg Scholarship Committee
c/o Jennifer Josephson, Administrator
Strasbourg, SK S0G 4V0
Or drop off at the Town Office at #1-200 Mountain Street
Please note: If no qualified applicant is found, the scholarship may not necessarily be awarded.